We will ensure that our staff are trained and familiar with various assistive devices that may be used by customers with disabilities while accessing our goods or services.
We will communicate with people with disabilities in ways that take into account their disability.
We welcome people with disabilities and their service animals. Service animals are allowed on the parts of our premises that are open to the public.
A person with a disability who is accompanied by a support person will be allowed to have that person accompany them on our premises.
Notice of temporary disruption
In the event of a planned or unexpected disruption to services or facilities for customers with disabilities at 71 Emerald St. South in Hamilton, Rotsaert Dental Lab will notify customers promptly. This clearly posted notice will include information about the reason for the disruption, its anticipated length of time, and a description of alternative facilities or services, if available.
The notice will be sent to our client offices via mail/delivery or email.
Training for staff
Rotsaert Dental Lab will provide training to employees, volunteers and others who deal with the public or other third parties on their behalf. Individuals in the following positions will be trained:
Customer service representatives, sales associates, managers, department heads, maintenance person, delivery persons, and shade team.
This training will be provided to staff within the first three months of their initial hire and within 30 business days of changes to this policy.
Training will include:
- An overview of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the requirements of the customer service standard
- Rotsaert Dental Lab’s accessible customer service plan.
- How to interact and communicate with people with various types of disabilities
- How to interact with people with disabilities who use an assistive device or require the assistance of a service animal or a support person
- How to use the assistive device such as walkers or wheel chairs
- What to do if a person with a disability is having difficulty in accessing Rotsaert Dental Lab’s goods and services
Staff will also be trained when changes are made to your accessible customer service plan.
Customers who wish to provide feedback on the way Rotsaert Dental Lab provides goods and services to people with disabilities can e-mail email@example.com or call us at 1-800-263-2113. All feedback will be directed to our Controller. Customers can expect to hear back in 5 business days. Complaints will be addressed according to our organization’s regular complaint management procedures.
Modifications to this or other policies
Any policy of Rotsaert Dental Lab that does not respect and promote the dignity and independence of people with disabilities will be modified or removed.